Job & Volunteer Opportunities
Social Media, Communications, and Programs Assistant
About Peace it Together
Peace it Together empowers youth to build peace through dialogue and filmmaking, and community engagement. We unites Palestinian, Israeli and Canadian youth for a program of dialogue and filmmaking on Canada’s West Coast. The films they co-create are used to advance reconciliatory approaches to ending the conflict and creating a just, secure, and sustainable peace. Staff support youth as they foster dialogue and share their films in their own communities, and become empowered to work in equitable partnerships as peace builders.
The Social Media, Communications, and Programs Assistant will work with the ED to engage with our community of beneficiaries and supporters, and assist in fund-raising, program development and logistics, and general communications.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Social Media, Communications, and Programs Assistant will:
- Manage and maintain all social media accounts on daily/weekly basis – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, others as developed.
- Create original content and/or promotional content (tweets, FB posts, etc.)
- Review all feeds and content from those we follow, interact (RTs, shares, etc)
- Analyze metrics on regular basis, report when necessary
- Maintain web site using WordPress
- Respond and evaluate all inquiries for Peace it Together’s participation in community events
- Respond to inquiries from other organizations for cross-promotion, evaluate and respond as necessary (take care to promote other organizations’ work and events when appropriate)
- Respond to any and all miscellaneous inquiries from the public
- Design and manage production of promotional material when necessary, eg. flyers, brochures, postcards, event posters, e-materials, reports, etc.
- Draft and design all e-newsletters using Campaign Monitor
- Assist ED with program outreach and logistics planning, volunteer recruitment, and sourcing equipment for summer program
- Provide support to ED and/or other staff for fundraising and fund development
- Maintain all records on Salesforce
- General office organization and management
- Excellent people skills and passionate about promoting and getting support for the mission and vision of Peace it Together.
- Pleasant, and positive personality
- Creative thinker who is comfortable taking initiative
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Great writing and editing skills
- Web and computer savvy, ability to use databases and learn new platforms as needed.
- Experience using online social media tools and analytics
- Experience using ‘Salesforce’ would be an asset.
- Experience with Indesign and/or other graphic design software is an asset.
- Event planning and/or production experience, an asset.
Time Commitment and Remuneration
This can be a full-time or part-time (minimum 20 hours/week) position starting as soon as possible. It will continue while funding is available. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Time Commitment and Remuneration
If you believe you are the right candidate for this job, please forward your resume with a cover letter and any links to previous writing or work that you have done to jobs(at)peaceittogether.com.
We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
 Equitable partnerships are relationships defined by working as equals towards a common goal.
If you would like to volunteer with Peace it Together, please email us at info(at)peaceittogether.com with a brief summary of your skills, interests and experience.